Website Y-12 National Security Complex
Under limited supervision, directs all operational aspects of a specific function within the Pantex Fire Department, including compliance, training, equipment readiness and personnel management. Performs duties with opportunity for exercise of initiative, independent judgment and discretion.
- Directs activities of fire department personnel within assigned function in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs periodic inspections to ensure efficient utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Makes fiscal decisions within scope of assigned function.
- Makes recommendations regarding placement, promotion, demotion and/or removal of personnel within assigned function.
- Recommends and implements improvements and modifications to organization, procedures, policies, standards, methods and equipment within assigned function.
- Performs duties of Fire Chief in his/her absence.
- Develops technical specifications for Specialized Emergency Equipment.
- Required to attend and/or successfully complete training classes as determined by the Training and Development Technologies Department, through General Employee Training (Reference DOE Order 426.2), and Management.
- Facilitates and supports all plant safety initiatives and provides instruction in safety awareness and provides training while resolving issues and concerns within the organization.
- Ensures that a feedback loop is maintained to communicate answers to issues, concerns and lessons learned in accordance with Integrated Safety Management (ISM) principals.
- Ensures worker involvement in work planning, and determination of hazards and control in accordance with ISM principals.
- Respects a worker’s right to stop work when they feel their personal safety is jeopardized and take responsibility to resolve the concern in a timely manner.
- Attends and or conducts required safety meetings and training.
- Bachelor’s degree: Minimum 12 years of relevant experience. Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- OR Associate’s degree: Minimum 16 years of relevant experience. Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Twenty or more years of relevant education and/or relevant experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting; must include, at a minimum, 5 years of management experience.
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Advanced Fire Fighter.
- TCFP Fire Instructor II.
- TCFP Hazardous Materials Technician.
- TCFP Fire Officer II.
- Texas Department of State Health Services – Basic Emergency Medical Technician.
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A