Website Y-12 National Security Complex
The principle purpose of this position is to provide production planning in support of the Operations organization at Pantex. This is centered on the IPRO system and includes releasing of production IDs (PIDS), ADHOCs, and pick batches to support Weapon Program, Special Nuclear Material (SNM), and Explosive Technology deliverables as well as Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) and container work. Jobs are based off of product routings (sequential steps to complete manufacturing/processing cycle), bills of material, and mechanisms for data collection (including certification, process control, inventory control, nuclear material control and accountability, and scheduling data). Candidate will need to work well in a team setting as well as work individually. Adequately communicates between Operations, Engineering, Production Stores, and within EP&C.
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives.
- High school diploma with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Associate degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Typical relevant experience ranging from 4 to 6 years.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability manage small to medium sized tasks, manage time effectively to support manufacturing activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the oral and written word.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to plan, schedule and track multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Advanced time management skills.
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A