Website Y-12 National Security Complex
Serve as Lead representative for the Company at contract negotiations. Interpret contractual language. Meet and confer with labor organizations. Build effective and sustainable union relationships. Research and interpret current labor contracts, keep abreast of current labor rulings and trends, and provide sound recommendations to management. Assigns work and tasks to subordinates by specifying task parameters, i.e. quality, quantity, resources and expected completion time. Liaise and coordinate with representatives of design agencies, DOE, vendors, and contractors as required to ensure effective and necessary cooperation at all levels, which will result in combined professional effort in fulfilling the Plant’s assigned mission. Responsible for maintaining a thorough knowledge of applicable Federal, State, DOE, Corporate and Plant rules, regulations and Plant-wide operating policies and procedures. Responsible for application of established personnel and operating policies and programs, including Union Agreements, employee concerns, discipline processes, and safety, health and security standards. Attends and/or conduct required safety meetings and training. Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential human resources issues. Build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Interface with federal and state government agencies, local community organizations, and others in support of labor-management activities.
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Bachelor’s degree: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience. Minimum 3 years of management experience.
Eighteen or more years of relevant education, training, and/or progressive experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
- Demonstrated experience working with labor unions and collective bargaining agreements
- Experience negotiating labor agreements, settlement agreements and grievances
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex situations and recommending meaningful and relevant solutions to diverse stakeholders; and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate complex strategies and defend or present the company’s position
- Strong desire to make positive contributions to enhance HR service delivery and achieve meaningful outcomes
- Able to devise creative and strategic business solutions while ensuring sound employment and labor decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of labor laws with requirements and work experience managing complex employment matters in labor relations and investigations
- Experience in active CBA negotiations
- Government contracting work experience
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Knoxville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A