Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
- Controlling sample medication distributed to the residents, nurses and psychiatrists for patient use.
- Assisting in research grants and the service of appropriate integration of clinical teaching programs.
- Attending various meetings, taking, typing and distributing minutes.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Providing telephone and reception duties including scheduling patient appointments, taking and relaying messages, greeting and directing visitors and patients, answering general inquiries.
- Distributing referrals to the appropriate inpatient and outpatient treatment teams.
- Providing secretarial services to a Medical Director(s), Psychiatrists and other associated multi-disciplinary staff
- Transcribing typing, or inputting a variety of correspondence, reports, assessments, patient histories, research proposals, workshop material, etc..
- Providing back-up secretarial services to other Mental Health Program secretaries.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Typing 50-60 wpm, dictaphone and medical terminology (pass mark 75%) required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to independently maintain an office and demonstrate independent decision making and judgement pertaining to administrative tasks required.
- Two years previous related experience required, preferably in a mental health setting.
- Must be well organized and able to establish priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A