Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Under the general direction of the Department Manager, the incumbent performs routine and preventative maintenance tasks and inspection of all aspects of facility maintenance and operations, including, but not limited to building envelope, building systems and grounds which requires the use of seasonal grounds equipment which include but not limited to grass cutting and snow clearing equipment for walkways and parking lots when required during inclement weather during and after hours when required for Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg. This includes but is not limited to, kitchen equipment, resident personal items, HVAC units, all plumbing and heating equipment, pneumatic controls, fire detection equipment, carpentry, painting and backup generators. The position involves the operation and maintenance of the onsite sewage lift system.
Additionally, the plumber responds to emergency calls as part of a rotating 24 hour on-call schedule for Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg and River Park Gardens personal care homes. Call backs may involve attending at these facilities during evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. The plumber must to able to carry and use cell phone for maintenance purposes.
- Two (2) years’ experience in maintaining mechanical building. systems, heating, ventilation, cooling systems and their components in a health care or institutional facility required.
- Red Seal Journeyman Plumber (plumbing).
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of water lines, drain lines, vents, fixtures, and all associated plumbing.
- Experience in maintenance and use of fire protection and firefighting equipment.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Required to perform record keeping of facility maintenance operations. Maintain comprehensive records of all work completed.
- Knowledge of the use of plumbing, pipefitting tools and mechanical devices.
- Knowledge of soldering, brazing and the type pf materials needed for specific jobs.
- Building Systems Technician Certificate an asset.
- Power Engineer Certificate an asset.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Red Seal Journeyman Plumber.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes.
- Must be able to perform maintenance on down lift stations and crawl space.
- Lift and carry heavy machinery (wells, pumps, compressors, etc.)
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A