Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Reporting to the Supervisor or Charge Technologist, this individual as a member of the Diagnostic Services support team is responsible for accurate timely transcription of varied complicated medical reports and other clinical information. In addition, the individual will be expected to provide diversified clerical/secretarial, reception, scheduling and patient instruction functions and other duties as assigned. It will be expected that this employee will have knowledge of basic office equipment and its use, including transcription equipment, fax machines, photocopiers and computer equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required.
- Must be able to (with minimal supervision) deal with multiple tasks, make decisions and act independently.
- Knowledge of accounting process and mathematical skills an asset.
- Demonstrate typing speed 50 W.P.M.
- Minimum of two-year hospital/medical clinic experience with work involving direct public contact and experience with diagnostic service information, i.e. ward clerk, health records clerk, or medical clinic reception/clerk.
- Recent experience with office equipment including transcription/dictation equipment, computers, fax machines, and copiers.
- Grade XII graduate as recognized in the Province of Manitoba.
- Completion of a recognized Secretarial/Business Office or Medical Stenographer/Transcription training program.
- Completion of a Medical Terminology Course or demonstrated comprehension, knowledge and competency of medical terminology essential.
- Computer training with knowledge of Windows environment and experience with MS Office Suite of applications.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steinbach, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A