Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Provides nursing services for residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. Is a member of an interdisciplinary resident care team and works with residents, families, medical professionals and support staff to adhere the mission of MCH for quality resident care. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals and objectives if the home. Utilizes a continual process of assessment and evaluation skills, providing restorative, rehabilitative and personal nursing care on a resident care unit. May be responsible for directing other nurses, students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance of resident care.
- Graduate of an approved nursing educational program.
- Current registration with College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM).
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-developments opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual resident to a group of residents.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work in a rapidly changing internal and external environment.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Must be flexible.
- Three (3) years current clinical experience in gerontology preferred.
- Combination of education and experience will be considered including recent student practicum.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A