Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Provides registered nursing services for residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitation coordination of resident care and discharge. Is a member of an interdisciplinary resident care team and works with residents and families, medical professional and support staff to achieve the mission of MCH for quality resident care. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals and objectives of the Home. Utilizes a continual process of assessment and evaluation skills, providing restorative, rehabilitative and personal nursing care on a resident care unit. May be responsible for directing other nurses, students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance of resident care.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual resident to a group of residents.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-developments opportunities.
- Previous experience working in a Personal Care Home/Respite Program an asset.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing or Registered Psychiatric Nursing Education Program.
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Certificate plus/or additional education related to nursing management.
- Current registration with College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Manitoba (CRPNM).
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing an asset.
- Advanced certificate in gerontology an asset.
- Must be flexible
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work in a rapidly changing internal and external environment
- May be required to work extended hours
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A