Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
Performs assigned tasks for clients which may include personal care, ambulation, transfer, positioning, ensuring medication is taken as directed, feeding and toileting as well as housekeeping, laundry, client nutritional intake and client supervision as identified in Care Plan. Follows protocol for routine practice and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment. Organizes work according to client needs and assigned tasks. Maintains accountability by working with program guidelines, and observing and reporting changes in client conditions to the Resource Coordinator, and maintain client confidentiality. Complete and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a community setting and to function as a team member.
- Recent experience working with the elderly and/or physically disabled an asset.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Requires a Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant certificate from an educational institution recognized by the WRHA.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A