Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Registration, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface Hospital, the PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK is responsible for: performing clerical duties to include obtaining necessary patient demographic information and registering patients on computer system; performing all receptionist’s functions including directing and controlling patient movement in the department; maintaining accurate death records; making telephone calls as requested; requesting charts from Health Records; assisting with orientation of new staff; providing direction and feedback to students during student practicums; and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Fluently bilingual in both English and French.
- Keyboarding Speed: 35 w.p.m.
- Ability to adapt readily to stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized medical office secretarial program or the first year of a recognized diploma/degree in a health related field.
- Ability to work in a Windows operating environment.
- Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature.
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A