Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
The Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) plays a key role as part of a multi-disciplinary team and is dedicated to providing a compassionate and quality health care service.
Responsible to provide an accessible, responsive, and integrated emergency medical service at all times.
Key functions include responding to requests for EMS assistance, care and treatment of the sick and injured, transportation of patients, and ensuring EMS resources are maintained in a state of readiness at all times.
Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies and procedures and applicable legislation.
- Graduate of a Canadian Medical Association (CMA) Accredited Primary Care Paramedic Program or Manitoba Health Emergency Services approved Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) program
- Current license with Manitoba Health at Technician – Paramedic level
- Must maintain current, active, and unrestricted certification in the standing and formal delegated medical acts assigned to the primary level as per the most current version of Z05.1 (Delegated Acts – Procedures) and Z05.2 (Delegated Acts – Medications), distributed by the provincial Office of the Medical Director and approved in the Northern Health Region
- Current certification from a recognized Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS), or obtain within three (3) months of commencing employment
- Required to complete a job-related practical/physical and written skills test
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and independently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid Manitoba Class IV driver’s license, willingness to travel the Region year round, and provide a current Manitoba Department of Driver
- Licensing – Driver’s Abstract
- Working knowledge of Windows based programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet
- Ability to speak Cree an asset
- Respects and promotes a culturally diverse population
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Flin Flon, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A