Website Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Under the general supervision of the Charge or designate, the General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for clinical analysis and reporting on patient samples according to established protocols. The General Duty Medical Laboratory Technologist is also responsible for assisting in general lab projects such as SOPs, chemical inventories, etc. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health Diagnostic Services, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Proficient analytical skills
- Work under pressure
- Previous related experience preferred
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program with attained certification by the CSMLS
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Current registration with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral
- Windows computer environment required
- Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Successful completion of the CSMLS Prior Learning Assessment process for a discipline specialty, as deemed by the Employer may also be considered
- Current licensing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM) required.
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Flin Flon, MB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A