To ensure the enablement and delivery of innovative technology based digital solutions in order to satisfy business and IT requirements. Operationalize world class services to ensure Woolworths business systems are operating cost effectively and efficiently. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
- Ensure effective Stakeholder Management to reduce risk
- Communicate outages, risks, progress, status, events, planned activities and issues to all relevant parties timeously, in accordance with agreed process & appropriate to relevant stakeholder audience
- Communicate technical decisions, discoveries, practices, processes, knowledge and information
- Deliver New Technologies in support of business strategic objectives
- Conduct the necessary research and development to deliver innovative solutions in line with both IT and Business strategies, where required
- Test new technologies derived from approved business cases and manage implementation where appropriate, i.e. Software.
- Keep abreast of non-technical factors that have a direct bearing on technological decisions such as budget constraints and business objectives by establishing business contacts and doing appropriate fact finding to ensure delivery within Time, Scope and Budget.
- Understand and keep abreast of the Woolworths IT technical infrastructure by using the appropriate internal sources of information
- Maintain Technologies to enable to operational stability
- Proactively monitor, maintain and defend our complex, mission-critical payments system capabilities to support the coalface of trade in line with our SLA’s – during core and after hours, as required
- Perform the administration of technical solutions according to the agreed plans and processes and propose continuous enhancements to these processes where applicable.
- Ensure set standards implemented and adhered in support of a healthy and stable environment o Maintain and analyze internal records of problem causes and resolutions, identify recurring problems and modify the resolution actions to prevent recurrence.
- Provide thought leadership to ensure best delivery of industry practice
- Ensure that team members, management and other staff members working in related areas of technical concern are informed on all relevant technical decisions, discoveries, practices, processes, knowledge and information for effective delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of Woolworths business systems
- Extensive knowledge of Woolworths Payments IT technologies
- Ability to apply emerging technologies to business solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of technologies used at Woolworths
- Knowledge of Woolworths IT landscape, including systemic understanding of key business linkages and dependencies
- Appropriately derives and organizes the essence of information to draw solid conclusions
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Plans with a realistic sense of the time and resource demands involved, maintaining awareness of the interrelationships between own and other activities/project
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed.
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organization.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, SA
Application Deadline: N/A