Analyze user requirements, design, implement and support less complex technical systems. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
- Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes and requirements o Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
- Design and code programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
- Maintain and support existing systems
- Interpret user requirements and translate into systems design.
- Investigate and solve systems issues.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
- Ensures effective operations o Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
- Plan, organize and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas
- Knowledge of Woolworths IT landscape, including systemic understanding of key business linkages and dependencies
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
- Exposure to JDA and ECS applications will be beneficial
- Specific analysis and development skills
- Project management methodology
- 3-5 years programming/analyst programming experience
- Plans with a realistic sense of the time and resource demands involved, maintaining awareness of the interrelationships between own and other activities/project
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Proactively approaches others to obtain missing information
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- 3 year IT Diploma
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Relevant business process context knowledge Additional Criteria
- Microsoft SQL experience
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, SA
Application Deadline: N/A