Website WinCo Foods
Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner at a two aisle check stand, a multi station self-check-out lane, or customer service desk as assigned. Performs other related work.
- Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked check stand and ensures safe and secure work area.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
- May be assigned to the customer service counter as needed.
- May be assigned to a multi station self-check-out lane as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC codes and ensures proper pricing.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Operates check stand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check customers.
- Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds.
- Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Work varied shifts between 500 am and 100 am in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation skills.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Operate check stand equipment such as cash registers, scanners, and scales.
- Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately.
- Complete written forms.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures and company policies.
- Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination.
- Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers and co-workers with composure.
- Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise, etc.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kennewick, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A