Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at the customer service desk. Works to maintain attractive customer service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
- Uses proper tares procedures when ringing up scalable items.
- Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register – changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
- Follows all cash handling procedures – meeting and exceeding regional cashier variance policy.
- May assist with training of new Cashier and Courtesy Team Members.
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Proactively participates in Regional Front End programs as directed by leadership.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Maintains proficiency with the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A