The Business Analyst – CMTS (Computer Maintenance Tracking System) Business Partners have the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with assigned Tech-Ops business units. Focusing on strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. Serving as the business relationship link between business units, providing highly valued strategic consulting level support, guidance and training through key CMTS initiatives. Proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of Tech-Ops business units.
- Develop and deliver specific Tech-Ops business unit training of the CMTS application.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration sessions relating to trade-offs both within and between different business units.
- Perform background activities necessary to ensure the Computerized Maintenance Tracking System (CMTS) software application and associated processes are fully functional for Tech-Ops business units.
- Accomplishing business unit testing of the CMTS application and various reporting solutions as a result of software modifications, software upgrades, service packs and data scripts.
- Act as a business unit subject matter expert (SME) developing solution concepts for new CMTS initiatives, analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, other CMTS Business Partners and outside vendors.
- Develop and maintain business unit processes for alignment according to CMTS changes, includes but not limited to: PM-M, MCM and THUGS.
- Gathering, documenting business unit requirements to support improvements to the CMTS application and Tech-Ops reporting solutions.
- Act as key liaison with WestJet Information Technology (IT) to develop and implement CMTS initiatives on behalf of the Tech-Ops business units.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance and engineering systems (e.g. TRAX) and computer skills
- Knowledge with the development and management of aircraft maintenance programs
- Familiar with the various regulatory and operational requirements of Canadian airlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Trained in SQL, Java, object-oriented programing, XML and .net programming is and asset.
- Trained in project management or business analysis is an asset.
- Recognized Diploma from a College/Technical School
- 6-10 years of applicable experience
- Experience in training and development of a business enterprise software application.
- Experience in SQL, Java, object-oriented programing, XML and .net programming is an asset.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A