Website Waste Management
Manages collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis in single or multiple line of businesses: Residential, Commercial, Roll-Off, Port-o-let, Tractor Trailer, HCS, and Bagster (does not include Oilfield Services).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60 hour rule).
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies.
- Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific areas.
- Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist drivers on routes.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Reviews and audits documentation related to route operations on a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open tickets), following-up where appropriate.
- Education: Associates Degree (accredited), or in lieu of diploma, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years of relevant work experience work in transportation, logistics, warehousing, or solid waste operations.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Coaching, routing assessments and leading employees are requirements of the role.
- Experience: No previous work experience required.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A