Website Waste Management
Operates one or two pieces of equipment including but not limited to baler, front-end loader, bobcat, candensifier or forklift to transport or bind paper or other loose materials to facilitate handling.
- Sorts and grades material.
- Fills and operates candensifier.
- Records materials or items received or distributed and mark materials with identifying information.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Insures material is being fed properly onto conveyor.
- Coordinates flow of material.
- Starts baler up on time, read monitor, which displays functions of baler, and reacts quickly to machine prompts and alarms, and ensures proper operation.
- Monitors and documents downtime.
- Insures safety around working areas.
- Checks quality of material before it is baled or shipped.
- Coordinates with MRF Manager to see what material needs to be baled or shipped.
- Performs routine maintenance and daily inspection on equipment such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Keeps supply of wire on hand for baler.
- Operates loader, forklift, bobcat, or other equipment to move material to designated area.
- Keeps surrounding work areas clean.
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Six (6) months of previous work experience.
- Previous experience operating a sit down multi-fuel Forklift preferred.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A