Website Waste Management
The Account Associate (AA) generates shareholder value by using a consultative retention based selling approach for larger, more complex Small/Medium commercial Waste Management customers as part of a team-based queue. The Account Associate manages existing business relationships focused on achieving budgeted retention goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing and updating contract agreements from WM customers as well as growing revenues from existing customers. The role of the Account Associate is to maintain a net positive business performance in the commercial space through proactive outreach, account retention and revenue protection efforts to maintain a mutually beneficial alignment between the customer and WM’s growth goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for customer account management matters as part of a team-based queue, establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with internal and external customers, and build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Align Waste Management products and services with customer needs, propose solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations, and increase account penetration through consultative selling skills
- Negotiate, update, and renew customer service agreements to maximize profits by providing ongoing education of contract details and use of strong negotiation skills
- Resolve challenging customer requests and collaborate with the Inside Sales Manager to resolve all customer escalations or issues
- Communicate rates, charges and service strategies with conviction as well as understand and effectively use customer incentives and concessions within appropriate profit targets and level of authority
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory and engage additional WM business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One (1) year of WM experience or five (5) years of business to business account management at a proficient level.
- Ability to effectively convert customer cancellation requests into long term relationships
- Ability to effectively build relationships across a wide variety of business types
- Ability to multi-task and perform computer duties across multiple screens while on phone with customers addressing issues or concerns in a professional tone and temperament
- Proficient in time management and in computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Positive attitude that enjoys assisting and providing solutions to others
- High impact communication in written and verbal manner
- Ability to adapt to change and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to utilize sound business practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A