Website Waste Management
As a member of the Waste Management People organization. The People Advisor is tasked with providing tactical, responsive HR support to individual contributors in assigned business units and/or functions. The position serves as the first point of contact and trusted advisor for employee relations issues and human resources policies and processes. The People advisor will champion, demonstrate and uphold WM Commitments & Values to foster an environment of trust, and employee engagement for a diverse workforce.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides reliable and timely coaching and counseling to employees on issues to ensure consistent, transparent application of policies, procedures, and employments laws.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve employee relations issues balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company policies and employment laws.
- Serves as the local People point of contact supporting/delivering internal processes including Performance Management, New Hire Orientation and Exit interviews.
- Conducts training on company policy, programs, and other issues as they arise.
- Partners and participates with local team(s) on recruitment outreach efforts.
- Serves as an active member of People related project teams as assigned.
- Apprise and escalates potential legal, risk, safety, etc. concerns to the People Manager.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two (2) years of related work experience (in addition to education requirement)
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or CHRP Certification preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels.
- Solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and conflict resolution with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Self-motivated; ability to navigate complex environments, get answers and autonomously drive solutions.
- Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately assess risk.
- Ability to use experience and judgment to make decisions that may be based on imperfect or incomplete information.
- Ability to recognize trends and communicate the same as appropriate
- Comfort with ambiguity; strong learning agility mindset to embrace and drive change.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A