The Group Product Manager (“Group PdM”) is responsible for a domain of technology capabilities which support Walmart Canada’s customers, associates, and / or operations. Those domains may include Merchandising, Customer Experience, Marketing, Logistics, Operations, or others. The Group PdM leads a team of Product Managers who each guide the development of individual areas of functionality (“products”). This product team works closely with stakeholders throughout our business, building an understanding of business goals, and translating that into a vision of a technology platform that brings our organization into the future. The product team is supported by a number of domestic and international agile development teams, who under the guidance of the Group PdM delivers continuous, measurable improvements to this technology area. Armed with the ability to understand complex analytical data, this individual will develop financially-supported proposals for needed areas of investment. Further, the Group PdM and his or her team will capture these changes into a set of product roadmaps and discrete user stories with detailed requirements that can be validated. The Group PdM ensures that our technology not only delivers on our commitments to customers, but includes superior tools that allow internal business teams to drive results. By delivering a stunningly efficient logistics operation, you’ll help reduce costs to our business, which can be reinvented in low prices for Canadian consumers.
- Use strategic analysis to drive business decisions for the product domain leading to increased KPI results. Ensure delivery within tight timelines and according to established design standards and best practices.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships across the organization, as well as with partners and vendors.
- Provides collaborative leadership in ensuring that technology partners are well versed in the strategy and plan and that technology budgets are in place to support service and delivery.
- Develop team capability, with a focus on day-to-day coaching and support on a wide variety of ongoing initiatives. Ensure team members are challenged and have opportunities for personal growth.
- Developing, in partnership with the Health leadership team- AOP/LRP plans for the group domain. The role will lead the planning and execution of short and long term plans, ensuring that strategic initiatives are delivered on time and on budget.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on the product areas. Ensures that overall solutions are leveraging best practices seen in the industry today and other Walmart markets internationally; as well as develops benchmarking and best practice initiatives that set direction for transforming healthcare at Walmart.
- Design a strategic multi-year product roadmap across a wide range of product capabilities (e.g., Pharmacy, Optical & Digital Health).
- Influence and negotiate priorities for the domain with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure that deliverables contribute to business key outcomes (OKR’s).
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a proven ability to manage diverse relationships, and influence and build consensus across a broad range of backgrounds, organizational levels, and perspectives.
- Ability to quickly extract scope/requirements and make decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to provide leadership on products that might not have a predefined solution and/or scope; resourceful and adaptable to changing circumstances and environments.
- Experience driving products using agile methodologies and a design thinking process within enterprise organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior stakeholders and partners, and influence executive decision making, while navigating complex organizational dynamics.
- 6 years’ related experience.
- Strong analytical skills with both qualitative and quantitative data.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A