The Dir, HR Business Partner-H.O ensures that the Home Office has appropriate human capital strategies, methodologies, systems, and top talent to achieve Walmart Canada’s strategic plan. This position influences change to enhance capability and drive engagement of associates while driving the People strategy within each client group through leadership of the Divisional People Managers and influencing, supporting, and partnering with Senior Vice-Presidents/Division Heads.
- Acts as an advisor to Senior HO Management with respect to HR best practices and policies, coaching, appraisals, harassment complaints, open doors, and associate relations matters.
- Leverage HR functional knowledge to drive compliance, human resource processes, programs, and practices across multiple functions within the HO and provide guidance on the application of Company policies, procedures, and standards to internal and/or external parties.
- Execute change management initiatives within client groups through the creation of effective communication plans, announcements, and talking points and ensuring appropriate communication with Senior Management throughout the execution.
- Ensure Operations excellence of HR business process through the execution of the Headcount & Wage, HRIS Integrity, New Hire, Compensation Governance, and Termination processes.
- Collaborate with Senior Vice-Presidents and Division Heads to translate the business strategy and priorities into HR strategy and tactics.
- Influence key stakeholders with a strong focus on business integrity, reliability, and the highest quality of service to internal clients to support the development of a high performance culture.
- Develop and oversee succession planning for assigned client groups, including a gap analysis and oversee the administration of IDP’s. Provide counsel and input on how to grow and improve management-level careers.
- Provide insight into the strategic talent plan for assigned divisions. Assess current and future capability gaps throughout divisions.
- Interact with Senior HO Management to understand issues and concerns and by analyzing AOS data, recognize trends, develop strategic plans, and oversee the execution for improving associate engagement while continuing to protect the application of the Company’s Three Basic Beliefs.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral)
- Resilient; thrives in an ever-changing environment
- Strategic and tactical – able to plan and implement
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation and provide sound advice around compliance matters
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Strong sense of customer service and ability to develop execution plans within tight timelines
- Not afraid to challenge the status-quo; comfortable providing constructive feedback and holding self and others accountable
- Proven track record of having built and managed strong working relationships with colleagues and leadership teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A