The Pharmacy Assistant assists the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. The Pharmacy Assistant is expected to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations required of a team player. They are a key member in the delivery of superior customer service.
- Clerical Organization, filing prescriptions, invoices, reports, correspondence and memos and completing any administrative support functions assigned (i.e. journals, accounts receivable, Aged Trial Balance).
- Performing Computer Functions as directed by the Pharmacist i.e. Data Entry; Price Check; Patient Information Entry/Update; Competent interpretation and processing of written prescriptions including Latin abbreviations, drug name recognition, dosage calculations; Refills; Report Generation; Patient Profile checks.
- Filling prescriptions (always under the Pharmacist’s supervision), selecting appropriate products, performing the accuracy program, including 7 point, Visual and DIN checks, selecting and counting/ measuring & preparing appropriate products, labeling and organizing for pharmacist checking, gaining necessary approvals for verbal refills where authorized, employing ‘STOP’ forms if applicable and facilitating all aspects of Cognitive Services.
- Maintaining Inventory Control, assisting Pharmacist in maintaining appropriate stock levels of drugs and supplies, checking for and pulling expired medications at least monthly, cleaning up Will Call Bin of ‘stale’ prescriptions on a regular basis, writing up returns, ordering of drugs and supplies, using preferred wholesaler for Pharmacy purchases as much as possible i.e. Kohl and Frisch, operating of the Telxon gun, checking off, pricing and putting away pharmacy orders, zoning the pharmacy shelves, ‘X- ing’ bottles when opened and interchangeable drug knowledge and appropriate maintenance/selection of key brands/preferred generics.
- General Housekeeping, stocking Prescription filling supplies (Vials, labels, bags), keeping the dispensary clean, organized and neat, maintaining clean/safe work environment as part of the team approach (i.e. dishes, garbage) and maintaining & cleaning packaging & dispensing equipment, computer, fax machine, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A