A Self-Checkout Attendant assists customers in the processing of transactions through the self-service area(s) and provides exceptional customer service in order to ensure a positive shopping experience and drive customer loyalty, while maintaining exemplary customer service by adhering to the Basic Beliefs and values of Wal-Mart.
- Returning Scan & Go scanners to their home after use.
- When self-service interventions and quality checks are required, politely explaining the reasons for the intervention or quality checks while positively reassuring customers that periodic quality checks and interventions are normal protocol when using self-serve checkout options.
- Educating customers on the correct and efficient use of self-service options, when applicable.
- Demonstrating knowledge about responding to EAS alarms and filling out the “Failure to Deactivate” Log.
- Keeping the area N.C.O. and free of fixtures, unnecessary debris, foreign objects, and liquids.
- Calling the Customer Service Manager when the self-service area(s) is low on cash or has a technical issue.
- Observing the activities of a customer to determine when and if assistance is needed.
- Promoting company sponsor programs, i.e., credit card service, product protection and charity initiatives, when applicable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A