Website City of Waco
PRIMARY DUTIES: Under basic supervision, assists Waco-McLennan County Public Library (WPL) patrons with locating items, check-out and return of library materials and other customer services. Library Assistants are responsible for providing quality services to the public. They assist patrons in a friendly and a timely manner both in person and by telephone.
- Use library automated system to check materials in/out, process holds, register new borrowers and collect fines/fees.
- Assist patrons with the use of library equipment, including the copier, fax, online catalog and public computers.
- Assist patrons with reference and readers’ advisory questions.
- Shelves library materials.
- Assist patrons with locating material.
- Assists in keeping the library neat and orderly.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures of the library.
- Must follow ALA principles and guidelines as they pertain to censorship and confidentially.
- Duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.
- City policies and procedures.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Computer use. Enters and retrieves data in automated records management systems.
- Cash handling.
- Knowledge of and commitment to excellent customer services.
- General knowledge of the library’s service and collections.
- Ability to quickly and accurately sort by alphabetical, numerical, chronological, or Dewey Decimal order.
- Working knowledge of computers required.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures
- Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and interact with people of various personalities and ages in a variety of situations.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to flourish in a changing environment.
- Cross-training in order to perform other duties and responsibilities is required.
Company: City of Waco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A