Website Virgin Money
We’re looking for an ambitious Microservice and Integration Senior Technology Specialist who of course has lots of experience and loves the techy side of being a technologist but also someone who cares about delivering engaging customer experiences. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren’t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go.
As a Senior Technology Specialist you’ll be responsible for development and implementation of Integration and Microservice based solutions from initial conception through completion in an Agile environment. You’ll be supporting the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches enterprise, technical and functional requirements. Interested? Keep reading to find out more!
- Working as part of an agile team assisting in the evolution of the Java Microservice and Integration Platform to keep fit for the future to support changing requirements and working practices in a fast-changing technology landscape.
- Identifying, implementing or suggesting changes that improve service to internal and external customers.
- Finding ways to optimise and make delivery pipelines more efficient
- Confidently being able to challenge the status quo
- Working as part of a team to deliver and manage tasks across Java and ESB stacks, to deliver quality outputs in a timely fashion, that meet the needs of stakeholders; focusing not just on what is delivered, but equally focused on quality.
- Using your SME knowledge and ability to collaborate with other members of the team, to enhance their and your skills and manage multiple streams of work through to completion.
- Coaching and mentoring other developers within the team
- Understanding end-to-end architecture to create low level designs in consultation with the dev team and Solution Designers
- In depth knowledge and significant practical experience of performing code reviews and drive software standards and best practices
- SME experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- SOAP/ REST Web Services
- SQL / ESQL
- A proven and successful track record and in-depth experience in Java 7/8 development preferably at an enterprise scale and/or a proven and successful track record and In-depth experience in IBM ESB or similar Middleware product, across multiple areas of a typical enterprise technology.
- SME knowledge and significant practical experience in Agile development with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring.
Company: Virgin Money
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A