Website Valero Energy
Valero’s Mount Vernon ethanol plant is located in Mount Vernon, Indiana, in the far southwestern corner of the state on the Ohio River, the boundary with Kentucky. Part of the Evansville, Indiana, metropolitan area, Mount Vernon is approximately 190 miles southwest of Indianapolis. The bio-refinery sits on 112 acres leased from the Ports of Indiana, and was completed by previous owner Aventine Renewable Energy in the fall of 2010. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Mount Vernon plant processes approximately 37 million bushels of corn into approximately 100 million gallons of ethanol and 320,000 tons of distillers grains per year. The plant employs more than 65 full-time personnel.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Repairs or replaces plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Communicates directly with production and shipping/receiving department to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Works with engineering department, external contractors and vendors to implement installation of new equipment or systems.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested by supervisor.
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and works in a safe manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Works a schedule that occasionally requires overtime or call-in as required.
- Participates in plant turn-arounds.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Participates in Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
- Completes work orders as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years experience in the maintenance or repair of industrial equipment (pumps, valves, compressors, conveying equipment, etc.) required.
- Welding experience on carbon/stainless steel preferred.
- Experience in the maintenance functions of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A