Website Valero Energy
Provide technical expertise for the specification, design, purchase, installation and commissioning of instrument systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; electronic and pneumatic instrumentation, field instrumentation, analyzers and emergency shutdown systems. Support of capital and expense “Authorization for Expenditures” (AFE’s) and maintenance project assistance is a primary function. This position is a key factor for improving refinery safety, profitability, efficiency and reliability
- Provides detailed instrument design and contractor supervision to ensure that capital and expense projects are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Provides accurate instrument specifications.
- Monitors and directs activities of engineering and construction contractors for progress and quality to ensure compliance to company and industry standards.
- Provides ongoing technical support to operations and maintenance departments on instrumentation problems.
- Provides cost estimates and preliminary engineering design work for the development and preparation of projects.
- Follows all safety rules and guidelines as established by the Refinery.
- Evaluates, designs, specifies and makes cost estimates to prepare and submit project AFEs.
- Designs, specifies and procures instrument systems for projects.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Engineering required.
- 2 years of engineering experience in all phases of instrument design and installation required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A