A Design Patent Examiner (PE) performs work in the examination of applications for United States patents pertaining to the form, appearance, and ornamentation of objects. Incumbent uses professional knowledge of designs and practices to evaluate the invention claimed in each patent application. Incumbent uses a broad knowledge of past and current developments in design to uncover previous inventions, as represented by domestic and foreign patents, supply catalogs, style books, etc., that affect the novelty claimed in the application. Incumbent uses well developed visual aptitude, specialized knowledge of patent laws, rules, regulations and procedures to determine whether the application and its claimed invention meet all legal requirements for the granting of design patents.
- Applicants will only be accepted from United States Citizens and Nationals.
- Your resume and question responses must demonstrate the job-related competencies.
- You must meet the definition of specialized experience.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- If selected, you may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
- Degree (BA/BS) in industrial design, product design, architecture, applied arts, graphic design, fine/studio arts or art teacher education
- Have at least one year of graduate level education from an accredited college and/or university in the fields of study as described in the Basic Qualification Requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alexandria, VA,
Application Deadline: N/A