The USPTO Internship Program intends to give students exposure to intellectual property and experience what it’s like to work at the United States and Patent Trademark Office (USPTO). Interns will interact with experts in several disciplines, explore opportunities and develop or enhance personal and professional skills.
- Managing databases and inputting information
- Creating electronic and hard copy case files, maintaining files
- Participating with meeting and conference planning
- Drafting various documents and reports
- Briefing management officials on technology content
- Assisting in preparing for a variety of training classes
- Assisting in preparing for and observing hearings, cases, panels, interviews, and documenting results
- Researching materials and preparing information
- Assisting with research, analysis, and statistics
- Assisting with special projects and new initiatives
- Participating in group/team assignments
- Creating spreadsheets/charts, etc. using a variety of data sources and information
- Drafting non-final office actions
- Assisting with the coordination of briefing books
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student in a qualifying educational institution.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- You must be a U.S. citizen or national.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Meet educational requirement.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alexandria, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A