Website U.S. Marshal Service
The selectee of this position serves as a Property Management Specialist. You will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager with maintaining the District accountable property records, conducting the property inventory, and disposing of property.
- Serving as a Property Management Specialist responsible for providing technical advice, guidance, and assistance to District management on the appraisal, transportation, storage, repair, maintenance, management, and disposal of accountable property assets.
- Identifying and analyzing procedural and or administrative problems/issues in property management and disposal; and recommending solutions to problems.
- Reviewing invoices and receipts relative to administrative or judicial cases; and ensuring that charges are legitimate and accurate prior to certification.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with other USMS Districts, personnel from other agencies, (e.g. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), etc.).
- Organizing and evaluating facts; analyzing problems; and providing sound and timely recommendations.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust-Background Investigation.
- Must pass a pre-employment security investigation and drug screening.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- May be required to successfully complete a trial/probationary period.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- A valid Driver’s License is required for this position.
Company: U.S. Marshal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A