Website US Embassy
Dear Prospective Offerors:
The Department of State is seeking offers from qualified U.S. citizens to provide personal services for the subject position under a personal services contract, as described in this solicitation. Submittals must be in accordance with the attached information at the place and time specified. Applicants interested in applying for this position MUST submit the following materials:
1. Form SF 171 (Completed and signed)
2. Complete resume. In order to fully evaluate your offer your resume must include:
a. Paid a non-paid experience, job title, location(s), dates held (month/year), and hours worked per week for each position. Dates (month/year) and locations for any overseas experience must also be detailed. Any experience that does not include dates (month/year), locations, and hours per week will not be counted towards meeting the solicitation requirements.
b. Specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work.
c. Names and contact information (phone and email) of your current and/or previous supervisor(s).
d. Education and any other qualifications including job-related training courses, job-related skills, or job-related honors, awards or accomplishments.
e. U.S. Citizenship
Note: Resume must contain explicit information to make a valid determination that the candidate meets the experience requirements as stated in this solicitation. This information needs to be clearly identified in the resume. Failure to provide explicit information to determine qualifications for the position will result in loss of full consideration.
3. Evaluation Factor document specifically addressing: Each of the Evaluation Factors shown in the solicitation below. Responses must be limited to 500 words per Evaluation Factor. Any additional words above the limit will neither be read nor scored.
Note: The Evaluation Factors are worth 70 out of 100 points. Offerors are required to address each of the Evaluation Factors in a separate document describing specifically and accurately what experience, training, education and/or awards they have receive that are relevant to each Factor.
4. Professional References: Three (3) names and contact information (phone and email) of current and/or previous supervisors to serve as professional references.
Under the direct supervision of the INL Bureau’s ISSO or his/her designee, the AISSO will perform the following duties:
• Manages the development of long-range plans for IT security of systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT system vulnerabilities. The AISSO, in conjunction with the system manager must provide for the operational availability of services according to the criticality of those services. They will maintain contingency and disaster recovery plans to ensure level of service availability and integrity
• Provides authoritative guidance related to information system security planning and the coordination and development of specifications to meet security requirements.
• Develops and reviews systems security procedures and guidance for systems processing multiple applications that require differing and conflicting security controls, and that are typically accessed by a large distributed user community.
• Interprets IT security policy and implements corresponding security controls covering the management, operational, and technical aspects of a system’s boundary. This includes physical security, application and data security, system software security, contingency planning, compliance with personnel clearance procedures, security education and training, and contractor and TPCs (Third Party Nationals) security.
• Plans and manages complex IT projects involving interrelated disciplines and multiple stages of the systems development lifecycle. For example, manages IT projects for the office, and aligns the IT infrastructure with systems security and agency business requirements. Integrates systems security to the analysis, software development, database administration, and customer support into the project plan.
• Ensures necessary IT systems security controls are in place and operating as intended.
• Advises the INL/ISSO of risks in systems.
• Responds to any security incident report from the systems managers at any of the posts under responsibility.
• Assists in completing and maintaining appropriate security documentation including systems security plans and emergency action plans.
• Reviews system security audit trails and system security documentation to ensure security measures are implemented effectively and evaluating known vulnerabilities to ascertain if additional safeguards are needed.
• Ensures systems are patched, and security hardened.
• Identifies, reports and responds to security incidents and review security alerts on vulnerabilities.
• Ensures users have the required background investigations, the required authorization and need-to-know, and are familiar with internal security practices before access is granted to systems.
• Reviews the physical environment for INL regional offices networks to ensure that they comply with DS systems guidelines.
• Ensures that accounts for new users in the network/CLOUD are created according to roles and permissions granted.
• Provides support for applications in different posts as required by INL/EX/IM.
U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Department of State Secret level security and Medical clearances. Department of State Ethics clearance (if applicable). (Security clearance upgrade to TS level may be required).
2. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
3. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in Computer Systems administration.
4. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Diplomatic Security systems regulated environment.
5. A minimum of three (3) years of work experience performing IT research and analysis of regulatory material and its interpretation and application in the DOS systems environment.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of cybersecurity principles, methods, and tools.
7. Ability to develop IT policies and guidelines. Demonstrated experience providing guidance to users regarding systems security.
8. Demonstrated ability to apply project management methodologies and techniques to manage complex IT projects.
9. Demonstrated public speaking experience in groups of at least five participants.
Company: US Embassy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A