The screener is responsible to follow all requirements as described in the Local Aviation Security MOP and any local regulations. Screeners may be called upon to fulfill Alternate Facility Security Coordinator (AFSC) duties when required. This position will require to use equipment and follow guidelines for screening as described in the Aviation Security MOP.
- The screener must restrict access to the area other than authorized personnel only. The screener must enforce proper ID, challenge and escort procedures at all times. The screener must be in uniform at all times while working in the area.
- After completing the UPS required training, the screener will now be in charge of identifying and controlling any possible threat during screening. The screener will use a variety of tools and equipment like X-Ray and ETD machines to complete the task. Screening is the employee’s main responsibility while they are at work.
- The screener must fully complete and secure all documentation until released to the Facility Security Coordinator, these include but are not limited to various checklists for equipment maintenance and repair, checklists, logs and any other documentation as described in the Aviation Security MOP.
- All equipment will be maintained as required to keep them fully operational and properly calibrated. The screener is responsible to notify the FSC or local management of any equipment or system failures. The screener will keep accurate and complete records and retained as required by the MOP. The screener will also manage symbol scanners that are used throughout the operation.
- The screener is responsible to read, review and fully understand the Aviation Security MOP. This information will be updated from time to time and the screener must always be fully knowledgeable on the most current update. The screener will ensure that every aspect of the program is followed in the Cargo Screening Facility and that it is always in compliance and audit ready.
- The screener is responsible to comply with any required training on a timely manner, trainings are time sensitive. Screeners will be continuously tested and audited to ensure accuracy and compliance. Screener must meet minimum requirements in order to maintain qualifications.
- Willing to wear a uniform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask, and handle pressure
- Able to lift up to 70lbs
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A