This position conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification, and measurement efforts for a specific commodity or commodities. He/She assists with improvements to current processes and the implementation of new processes to maximize efficiencies. This position provides user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within Procurement Services. He/She also develops and maintains relationships with UPS customers and vendors.
- Helps develop category implementation plans to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Creates complex spreadsheets, documents, reports, and presentations.
- Supports the execution of contracts within the assigned commodity.
- Assists with Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms, and penalties to ensure the best bid among vendors.
- Assists in the development of fact-based negotiation strategies to obtain the best value.
- Maintains and contributes to weekly and monthly reporting.
- Supports buyers in their daily functions as needed.
- Supports team in identifying ways to reduce costs through competitive sourcing initiatives.
- Supports and enforces Procurement policies to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent – Preferred
- Experience with vendor sourcing – Preferred
- Experience with negotiations – Preferred
- Experience with contract management – Preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A