Website United Ground Express
Passenger Service Agents are responsible for pushing wheelchair passengers to and from their designated gate. This position is also trained to work in the airport lobby assisting customers upon arrival and check-in at the airport (baggage handling, ticket verification etc.). This position includes, but is not limited to, assisting check-in, assistance to the departure gate, baggage claim area, and common areas of the airport. Agents may also carry personal items of passengers. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure goals. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee.
- Maintain professional working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, managers, airline employees, and airport authorities
- Ensure wheel brakes are in place prior to allowing passengers to exit the wheelchair
- Help organize and direct employees to appropriate security line
- Safely and comfortably lift disabled passengers with assistance from one mobility device to or from an aircraft seat
- Roll customer-occupied wheelchair safely down the jet bridge
- Follow dispatcher gate orders
- Have computer, tablet or smart phone ability
- Greet and assist customers upon airport arrival
- Assist with checked and claimed luggage
- Carry passengers’ carry-on luggage
- Complete any necessary wheelchair or incident reports
- Assist passenger with any problems, questions, or concerns
- Push wheelchair passengers to and from gates
- Exceed UGE customer service standards
- Must be able to lift, stoop, squat, push, stand and/or bend throughout the shift
- Must successfully complete all required training
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift, push, and/or carry heavy weights, awkward and heavy luggage
- Must have reliable transportation and able to work weekends, holidays, and days off
- Work independently without direct supervision
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience is required
- Able to stand and work in one location for up to four hours at a time
- Perform any reasonable customer service related job duty requested by Company supervision and/or airline customer.
- Must be able to push wheelchairs with wheelchair bound airline passengers through all areas of the airport, including terminal and gate areas, and assist with their personal needs and lifting bags at least 70 lbs.
- Must be able to perceive colors and match tags
- Must possess good communication skills and a friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to read, fluently speak, and understand the English language.
Company: United Ground Express
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Palm Springs, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A