Website The University of British Columbia
The Housekeeping Manager is an executive housekeeping position that is responsible for overseeing provision of interior hotel housekeeping services, management of suite amenities/linen inventory and hotel suite cleaning and guest support in assigned areas for Conferences and Accommodation. The Housekeeping Manager exemplifies guest service excellence and leads hotel housekeeping training programs for Student Housing and Community Services (SHCS). This position manages a team of Head Hotel Service Workers and Hotel Service Workers and Housekeepers and ensures quality service standards are met and ensure operational targets are achieved for the department. The Housekeeping Manager is required at times, to be available for after-hours emergency Hotel staff.
- Must be able to manage and lead a large and diverse workforce.
- Excellent customer service experience and aptitude.
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Ability to delegate, lead, motivate, coach and train employees.
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be bondable.
- Proficient hotel property management system, hotel technology and general computer skills required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be tactful, diplomatic and have good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Minimum of four years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in hotel or student residence housekeeping service is preferred.
- Successful completion of a building services management or hotel management program preferred.
- A valid British Columbia Driver’s license (class 5 is preferred) and a clean driving record required.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations and correct use of custodial equipment, supplies, and safe work methods is required.
- Able to effectively plan and delegate complex tasks.
Company: The University of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A