Website Two Sigma Careers
- Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
- Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
- Two Sigma Securities is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, a member of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high-performance, proprietary platform, we facilitate the execution of more than 400 million shares per day.
- We are seeking a world-class Software Engineering Manager to join our Options Market Making (OMM) engineering team. OMM Engineering works with modelers and traders to refine our Options trading tactics and Options trading systems. The OMM trading system is a high throughput, low latency, distributed system, that handles market data processing, options tactics, and order placement. OMM engineers have exposure to all aspects of the trading system, from offline processing of massive amounts of data, to high performance, low level optimizations for critical paths of options and equities trading.
- Build and grow the next generation options market making system.
- Manage a team of experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate with modeling and trading partners to identify strategy and key goals for the group.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least a BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 2 direct reports.
- A deep understanding of design, architecture, data structures and algorithms.
- Recent hands-on coding experience in Java, Python or C++. (C++ preferred but not required).
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.
- Previous experience with trading systems and Options is beneficial but not strictly required.
Company: Two Sigma Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A