Toyot’s Human Resources Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Leave of Absence & Accommodation (LOAA) Manager.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and lead the LOAA team to ensure compliance, administration, and implementation regarding the enterprise-wide leave management system.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Benefits, the person in this role will support the One Toyota Benefits department’s objective to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse, productive, and passionate workforce.
- Escalation to designated backup for staff as needed.
- Partner with the Payroll leaders to coordinate support; ensure seamless customer service for escalated issues.
- Identifying needed technology and optimizing system functionality.
- Coach critical thinking and application in terms of Leaves and ADA Accommodations.
- Developing and optimizing relevant workflows and maintenance and further development of KPIs to measure performance and productivity.
- Responsible for action plans related to KPIs when not meeting targets.
- All other job-related duties as it relates to the job function or as delegated by the management team.
- Provide operational HR/LOAA support to the management team including assessing and making recommendations pertaining to HR/LOAA administrative related matters, including ADA accommodations and operationalizing government-mandated sick leave.
- Delivers a high degree of customer service to all stakeholders.
- Maintain system policies and procedures in conjunction with the HR Compliance team.
- Works in a group setting and mentors subordinates.
- Responsible for department payroll tasks related to current team members.
- Creating applicable forms and templates, resources to continue to improve the experience of the employee during a leave of absence.
- Partner with field HR to ensure that communications are consistent, and ADA interactive processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage communications and training plan rollouts for all users and stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance Workflow Templates for different state/federal LOAA work rules.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals; recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to drive continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources leave of absences/ADA/Local/State Sick Leave functions and ensures its policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Strong project and change management skills
- Ability to clearly document problem identification, progress notes, and resolution, including providing feedback to customers and managers/supervisors regarding existing issues within departmental guidelines
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, willingness to go “above and beyond” in support of the internal clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with HR systems including payroll and timekeeping
- Experience handling day-to-day claims involving short and long-term disability, FMLA, and various state and local leaves
- Experience with organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from the envisioning state through to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Solid experience with LOAA administration, and knowledge of related state and federal employment laws and regulations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Successful experience developing and leading a team
- Knowledge across multiple human resources disciplines including payroll and benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent LOA work experience
- Experience working with CFRA, ADA, and Worker’s Compensation
- Experience managing various leave of absence or accommodation related projects
- Experience working with a third-party administrator in the leave of absence space
- Experience with multiple affiliate process alignment
- Demonstrated experience administering change control for multiple programs within a fast-paced, everchanging environment
- Ability to formulate and present recommendations that improve business processes, enhance user experience, or reduce operating expenses
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A