Toyota’s Service Parts and Accessories Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Operations Leader.
The primary responsibility of this role is to be a leader on the 1st shift team to achieve PSCO goals for industry leading Quality, Safety and Cost initiatives.
Reporting to the Production Manage, the person in this role will support the Los Angeles Parts Distribution Center department’s objective to achieve industry leading KPI’s.
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day operational activities providing leadership in areas of team member relations, safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement through consistent application of Toyota Production System (TPS), TBP, FMDS, SPSR, Kaizen, and the Toyota Way.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that include direct coaching/development of production team members in support of facility operational objectives.
- Create and deploy short and medium range plans and develop strategies to increase total operational efficiency.
- Provide a safe, secure, and engaging work environment that fosters team member involvement, creativity, and development in a team atmosphere.
- Responsible for the consistent application of company policies and guidelines.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in the application of “lean” principles in an operations environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites such as, Outlook
- Experience communicating to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or equivalent professional experience
- Experience as Supervisory/Leadership in an operational environment
- Effective leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Experience supervising team members
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Ability to rotate between 1st and 2nd shift operations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A