Toyota’s Environmental and Facilities Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated and experienced Environmental Engineer.
The primary responsibility of this role is the support of Environmental Operations function at the TMMTX site. The responsibilities will include activities to maintain compliance with air emissions regulations, chemical management and EMS activities.
Reporting to the Regional Environmental Manager, the Position will be responsible for site compliance with Title V Air Permit; current and future regulatory requirements, TMC directives, and TMNA policy requirements. Position will coordinate any compliance testing associated with painting operations, will prepare monthly, semi-annual and annual emission reports, and will maintain related compliance records.
- Coordinate compliance testing.
- Assist with Waste Management Operations and EMS requirements.
- Interpret and implement activities related to new regulations.
- Oversee new chemical approval process and overall chemical management.
- Conduct and/or oversee opacity and odor monitoring.
- Prepare permit applications and negotiate new permit conditions.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with TMMTX’s Air Permit.
- Conduct shop audits for compliance with air, water, and waste regulations.
- Perform monthly calculations and prepare monthly, semi-annual and annual compliance reports.
- Conformance with TMC and TMNA internal requirements.
- Oversee compliance with refrigeration equipment and manage records.
- Strong background in chemistry
- Knowledge and experience working with Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Fundamental skills of problem solving and desire to kaizen
- Knowledge of emissions control equipment, in particular (Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in environmental or engineering
- Experience supporting manufacturing facility Environmental Management Systems
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in Plant Environmental Engineering function
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Experience managing environmental regulatory requirements
- Knowledge and experience with compliance in a manufacturing setting
- A passion for protection of the environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Visio & TEAMS
- Experience in the automotive industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A