Website Toronto Transit Commission
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
- Responsible for treating passengers and/or employees with respect and dignity and ensuring the needs of passengers and/or employees with disabilities are accommodated and/or addressed (within your area of responsibility) in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and an employer
- The work will also involve a variety of bench carpentry duties such as fabricating and assembling wooden items or components
- Perform a wide variety of moderately complex carpentry, joining and cabinet making duties necessary to construct, repair, renovate, and maintain structural woodwork such as concrete forms, shoring, hoarding, building framework, trim, stairs, doors, window frames, partitions, walls, ceilings, etc.
- Required to provide a set of tools as per the established tool list
- A copy of your valid General Carpenter Certificate of Qualification (403-A) must be submitted upon request
- As the successful bidder, you will be required to attend and successfully complete the TTC’s in-house training programs for truck driving and pass the written and practical tests required for a Class “D” Driver’s Licence, Subway/SRT Rule Book and WHMIS certification
- Must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
- Possession of a valid, non-probationary, Province of Ontario, class “G” driver’s license
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions
- Valid Certificate of Qualification as a General Carpenter (403-A) normally obtained through Grade 12 education, plus proof of successful completion of the apprenticeship training programme for the Carpentry trade
Company: Toronto Transit Commission
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A