The Supercharger Installation Manager role entails active program coordination of all deployment phases of Tesla’s Supercharger projects, including construction feasibility diligence, layout and design, utility design and easements, permitting, construction, site commissioning, and closeout. The ideal candidate has relevant hands-on experience managing infrastructure projects (up to thirty projects at one time across multiple states/provinces) and demonstrates a bias to action, logical problem solving, and mastery of a project’s tactical details. Finally, the Installation Manager brings high energy and an optimistic approach to fully completing projects in a swift and quality manner.
- Plan, coordinate, approve, and review legal documents and plans for right-of-way/easement/property acquisitions.
- Facilitate field site visits for due diligence on construction, engineering, utility, and cost. Provide site reports and sketches as needed.
- Meet with zoning/permitting personnel to understand jurisdictional approval requirements and opportunities for timeline reduction. Represent
- Tesla and the Supercharger program at public meetings. Track and manage status of all needed approvals.
- Manage all phases of design, entitlement, and construction of Supercharger sites within a given territory. A key performance indicator is the number of sites successfully opened for public use.
- Serve as the liaison with utility company personnel to determine the best routing of primary electrical service.
- Review title reports for ownership, encumbrances, and easements; assess construction viability.
- Aptitude in communicating and building relationships with property owners, local jurisdictions, utility companies and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- Working knowledge of power integration and utility design processes.
- Established record of accomplishment managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule while adhering to the highest quality and standards.
- Skilled in reading, understanding and redlining zoning and construction drawings, including utility designs and power distribution details.
- Accountable to cost implications of construction design options and able to make cost-efficiency recommendations.
- Ability to travel (50%) required. This is not an exaggeration.
- Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Minimum 3 years project management, site acquisition, and/or site development experience. Prior work in telecom/solar/retail development as a project manager or site acquisition manager is valuable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A