Tesla is seeking to hire Production Associates for our production facility, Gigafactory New York located in Buffalo, NY
The Production Associate will report to the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for performing assembly operations. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in fast paced environments. He/she must have the ability to work with various teams in assembly including engineering, quality, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues/ corrective actions identified in production and field performance.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Possess a “get it done” attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Must demonstrate an ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions for specialized equipment.
- Collaborates closely with technicians and engineers.
- Identify discrepant materials/components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Use of complex tooling that requires specialized training.
- Evaluates the assembly processes and equipment to look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform complex assembly work.
- Tasks require the use of state of art manufacturing tools, precision measuring equipment, and
- Ability to work with a team and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Ability to perform repetitious duties, including walking long distances and standing for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Tesla Mission Driven.
- Computer skills are strongly preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook programs).
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, be committed, and be quality focused.
- Ability to lift 30 on a daily basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent, or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Must have strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A