The Tesla Energy Software team is looking for a software engineer to push the boundaries of quality assurance, automated testing, and continuous integration in pursuit of our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
You’ll obsess over world-class customer experience by developing test automation validating our software across desktop, mobile, and proprietary hardware. Your work will inform and empower the organization to rapidly release new software features for our eager customers engaging with solar, battery, and vehicle charging products.
- Write test scripts & analysis for all Tesla Energy software powering customer experiences for high power grid-connect batteries, EV chargers and solar products.
- Full ownership of end-to-end delivery of robust, reliable test automation sequences.
- Support test engineers using automation tools with troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Develop and maintain Python tools for data acquisition, communications, test execution, and automated post-processing.
- Monitor automation tool performance to quickly detect and fix issues.
- Programming experience in Python, C/C++ or Go.
- BS or higher in computer science or related, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with UI automation tools (Selenium, Appium).
- Familiarity with native performance tools for testing fps, memory, and battery consumption.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining CI pipeline and dev ops tools (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Experience with test automation for React, React Native, Swift, Java, and/or C++.
- Familiarity testing across a fleet of hardware and operating systems, (iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, and Linux)
- Proficiency with network integration tests, including an understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding of various API designs (REST, gRPC, GraphQL).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A