Tesla’s Service Shop Supervisors are the leaders of our service shop floor teams. In this role, you will be responsible for leading an engaged team of technicians while delivering an impeccable service experience through driving excellent results and delivering operational efficiency in our service centers.
- Monitor to ensure that all employees comply with safety regulations and the service center’s safety program.
- Provide effective supervision and coaching to assigned technical employees to achieve the required quality and service
- output goals. Maintain appropriate shop records and inventories. Manage the smooth flow of work through the service center.
- Serve as the process leader for shop activities, ensuring work standards are defined and systemically improved with input from service technicians and the rest of the service center team
- Work with employees to resolve technical and personnel problems. Schedule employees to effectively meet service needs and to ensure vacation and other time off consistent with company policies.
- Partner with Service Manager and other key stakeholders to establish targets for quality, speed and cost in line with customer and business needs
- Ensure that work standards and available engineering procedures are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Lead, coach and develop a highly engaged team of technicians
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, establish and achieve goals.
- One to three years of industrial supervisory or similar leadership experience preferred.
- Associates or B.S. degree or equivalent preferred.
- Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry preferred. Automotive expertise not required.
- Ability to lead group root cause problem solving activities and rapidly develop countermeasures
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality / quantity.
- Able to effectively interact with customers as required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A