Tesla is seeking a highly skilled, self-motivated, mechanical engineering technician to join the Core Test Technology Team. The position is based in Reno/Tahoe, Nevada. The candidate will report directly into a cross-functional engineering team, that is responsible for manufacturing/testing equipment development for Tesla products.
- Support engineering activities for equipment development, which includes proof of concept studies, equipment design, build, validation and commissioning process.
- Ability to assemble, operate, maintain & troubleshoot complicated and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Set up and sustain Mechanical Engineering lab and build space following 5S.
- Support, maintain and optimize inventory management systems; responsible for receiving, organizing and stocking commonly used parts.
- Create and update related design documentation following new equipment development process.
- Lead installation of automated testing equipment on existing and new production lines. Travel per need.
- Fabricate/machine parts using mills, lathes, laser cutters, 3D printers etc. with part drawings provided.
- Maintain a clean and organized fabrication area and sustain machining equipment.
- Collaborate with operations, process and equipment engineering, maintenance, quality, EHS, and other teams on equipment development.
- Take initiatives to identify and implement process improvements.
- Five (5) or more years of experience building and/or maintaining production automation equipment.
- Experience of working on and troubleshooting a wide variety of mechanical systems and components; motors, pumps, valves, cams, cylinders, conveyance systems, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for overall team success.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Follow all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S, Arc Flash, etc.).
- Ability to use a wide variety of appropriate hand & power tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Experience with Solidworks/CATIA is a plus.
- Experience with high speed and continuous motion machinery preferred.
- Experience with pneumatic systems and components.
- Experience in assembling high quality mechanical engineering systems with technical drawings.
- Good understanding of short-term fixes vs. long term improvements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A