The Tesla Energy Technical Publications team is looking for an intermediate/senior level Technical Writer who has experience interacting with hardware and software/firmware to create content for a variety of documents on a team that supports a variety of high-tech products (energy storage, charging, solar). The Technical Writer, Energy Service is responsible for creating content for use in procedures, manuals, and service bulletins (among other types of documents) to equip a variety of end users with important product information that enables the products to be successfully operated and maintained.
- Write, edit, and validate precise and comprehensive documents including work instructions, service manuals, and service bulletins.
- Effectively collaborate and build strong working relationships with subject matter experts including engineers, technicians, product managers, and others to ensure that information is documented accurately.
- Proactively project-manage multiple documentation projects/initiatives concurrently to ensure that priorities are addressed appropriately, and that all standard team processes are followed.
- Track ongoing product iterations and improvements across different regions worldwide to ensure that all information, including region-specific information, is properly documented and socialized in a timely manner.
- Interact directly with hardware and/or software products to fully understand how they work, to create content more effectively with the deeper product understanding in mind.
- Distribute and communicate all new and updated documentation to the correct stakeholders to ensure that all teams are fully aware of what is published, and when.
- Manage document translations to support successful worldwide deployment of products.
- Adhere to all Tesla documentation standards for both document design and process.
- Willingness to get “hands dirty” by working directly alongside subject matter experts in R&D labs and/or out in the field to document and formalize procedures, and by being hands-on with the products.
- Proactivity to think ahead, plan for future changes to documentation, and suggest solutions to problems.
- Experience writing step-by-step procedures, how-to user guides, and other instructional content in the form of manuals, work instructions, and service bulletins (both from scratch, and from existing drafts).
- Experience creating high-quality content for both internal and external audiences in a fast-paced environment with rapid product iterations and improvements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Automotive Technology, Energy Technology, or related, and/or 3+ years of
- Technical Writing experience in a high-tech environment.
- Experience working with energy technology, automotive technology, or other high-tech products such as batteries, power electronics, charging equipment, solar/PV systems, etc.
- Ability to understand complex technical information and communicate it concisely to a variety of not-as-technical end users.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally with multiple teams (engineering, quality, service, marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) toward a common end goal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A