The Installer is an essential part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. Employees working in this role are leading the drive towards completing Tesla’s mission—to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As an Installer, each employee is working with the latest solar technology, building relationships with team members, and completing the installation of our products safely and on time.
Tesla’s ideal candidate will have a passion for learning basic energy system construction, terminology, and concepts. This position is an hourly role that requires working outside in extreme environments, working at heights, and prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods.
- Supporting the Crew Lead and Electrician on the successful install of Tesla’s solar products.
- Assisting with routine maintenance on energy systems.
- Attending weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, best installation practices, and standard
- workmanship guidelines.
- Following building standards and codes when installing panels and support structures.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to all customers.
- Managing time and tasks effectively with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.Ability to safely handle power tools, hand tools as well as materials such as ladders,
- inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business needs. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a
- time, several times a year to various locations within the US.
- Experience in roof work, general construction or carpentry preferred.
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A