To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and smart working. You should have a passion for the bra
At Tesla, our Service Technicians are the backbone of the Service operation, who consistently deliver a revolutionary and exceptional experience to Tesla customers every day, supporting our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
As a Service Technician, you will carry out a wide range of technical vehicle repairs, both with and without supervision, as well as focussing on the continuous development of your technical skills. We’ve created one of the most innovative vehicles ever made, and you will help ensure an equally innovative service to customers.
nd and the ability to build on your technical skill set and thrive in a team environment.
- Support other service centers as well as carrying out remote working if required by the business
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organizing workload and meeting challenging deadlines by having excellent time management
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of multiple Tesla vehicle systems and subsystems
- Work across teams, engaging with other technicians and service center staff to solve problems and establish best practice
- Clean and detail vehicles when needed, inspecting vehicles prior to customer delivery either after a completed service or the delivery of new cars
- Collaborate with Senior Technicians in their work and move towards more advanced tasks as part of your development, continuously learning and developing your knowledge and skills
- Self-manage technical expertise development
- Operate a variety of hand-powered and motorized shop tools, calibrating and inspecting equipment as well as working with
- Tesla specific software and vehicle diagnostic tools
- Perform repairs and maintenance on all types of Tesla vehicles, either with or without supervision depending on skill level
- Ability to collaborate and succeed in a dynamic team environment, contributing positively to the collective environment and team spirit
- Ability to learn and adapt to a changing environment while delivering on performance KPIs
- Excellent communication skills in English are essential and an ability to translate technical concerns to our customers
- You are expected to have a strong motivation to develop your skills, knowledge and demonstrate a performance mindset
- Education in a mechanical or electrical-related discipline and significant technical work experience from automotive industry or a related industry Aeronautics, Engines, Electrical, Marine, Aviation, other mechanics or industrial mechanic etc.)
- Motivated to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment that constantly evolves by introducing new technology and work methods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brighton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A